Bakuchiol Use In Skin Care
Over the years bakuchiol has increasingly created its presence within the skin care industry. Bakuchiol is an ingredient that has been used for centuries in India, utilizing traditional practices of Ayurvedic medicine. It is popularly indigenous to certain countries in Asia such as India, China, and regions of Pakistan.
More recently, bakuchiol has exploded in popularity as an ingredient in skin care, offering those with more sensitive skin the ability to target aging concerns. If you’re looking to learn more about this new anti-aging ingredient, read on to find out its benefits and how best to incorporate it into your skin care routine.
What is Bakuchiol?
Bakuchiol, popularly known as a “natural retinol alternative”, is an extracted oil that is derived from the seeds and leaves of the Indian native plant Babchi. Bakuchiol has also been found in plants such as Psoralea corylifolia which have most commonly been used in traditional medical practices in China to treat skin disorders ranging from vitiligo to psoriasis. Studies have continued to show the gentler effects bakuchiol has while delivering similar beneficial results to retinol. This natural plant has been hailed as a gentler alternative to prevent and soften signs of aging.
Bakuchiol vs Retinol
Unlike retinol, bakuchiol is not a vitamin A derivative and is believed to act as a gentler alternative to retinol, to achieve similar results such as reducing the appearance of aging lines and wrinkles. Bakuchiol offers retinol-like benefits while eliminating the risks that people with sensitive skin may sometimes experience when using retinol.
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE: If you do not have any sensitivity issues related to retinol, it is advisable and safe to use products that contain both bakuchiol and retinol ingredients to improve skin care results. Additionally, the presence of bakuchiol in retinol products could help those with sensitive skin reap the benefits of retinol without experiencing its harsh nature on sensitive skin.
- Plant-based and can be in an organic form
- Suitable for all skin types, due to its gentleness
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Improves skin texture and the appearance of skin tone brightness
- Evens the appearance of discoloration and hyperpigmentation
- Supports collagen, improving the appearance of youthful-looking skin
- Safe to use in both morning and evening routines as it does not cause excessive dryness or irritation to the skin.
Incorporating Bakuchiol into your Skin Care Routine
Bakuchiol can be found in many skin care products such as serums, oils, and moisturizers that one can use religiously in any skin care routine. We do highly recommend investing in serums that contain bakuchiol as they are known to contain highly active ingredients which essentially work to target specific skin concerns by penetrating the deeper levels of the epidermis, allowing for better results.
Who Can Use Bakuchiol?
Anyone can use bakuchiol it has been deemed suitable for all skin types which includes:
- Normal Skin Types
- Dry Skin Types
- Oily Skin Types
- Combination Skin Types
Because bakuchiol has been and is still currently known to be a gentle and safe ingredient, it is highly recommended for those with sensitive skin as well as pregnant women. We do still recommend seeking advice from a medical professional before use if you are pregnant and or have sensitive skin.
About InstaNatural’s 2.5% Retinol Bakuchiol Serum
Our 2.5% Retinol Bakuchiol Serum is a nourishing treatment that provides targeted results against signs of aging. Some of our key ingredients include:
- Retinol an anti-aging ingredient formulated to reduce the appearance of lines and discoloration on the skin.
- Bakuchiol supports cell renewal to reduce the look of lines and wrinkles.
- NASA Stem Cell Technology to soften the signs of wrinkles and enlarged pores.
- Hyaluronic Acid and Squalane soothe the skin to prevent signs of irritation and support optimal skin health.
This serum combines both Retinol and Bakuchiol to ensure that most skin types may enjoy the benefits of a serum that works to focus on anti-aging concerns.
Takeaways:As bakuchiol continues to take the skin care world by storm, many will benefit from its anti-aging benefits. If you have sensitive skin or are looking for a gentler ingredient that will still deliver strong results for lines and wrinkles, we highly recommend incorporating this key ingredient into your daily skin care routine.