5 Happy Hacks to Brighten Your Day
We all have those days. The days where we wake up on the wrong side of the bed and the world seems like it’s out to get us. Or the long, dreaded days where everything seems to go wrong, and we just don’t feel as happy and motivated as we want to. For those days, we need to remind ourselves of the beautiful things in life. Feeling genuinely optimistic and gorgeous results in a positive lifestyle and stress-free skin. Get in the habit of starting your day off on a positive note. Here are 5 quotes to keep your spirits up, because sometimes we all need that self-motivation to feel as amazing as we are!
1) “Stop hating yourself for everything you aren’t. Start loving yourself for everything that you are.” – Unknown
Instead of basing your day on negative thoughts and feelings about yourself, start looking at the glass half full. Everyone has different qualities that makes them beautiful and unique—focus on the positive aspects of your life you have going for you!
- The first step to having a positive outlook on your day is realizing you have something special to contribute to the world. Love yourself first and make sure to do what makes you happy, that will then make it easier for people to fall in love with you too.
- It’s also helpful to stop comparing yourself to others and be happy you are unique!
- Not only is it important to look at yourself differently, but to view the world around you in a good light. Find the simplistic beauty in all of your days, even if it’s something as minor as feeling confident in your new pair of shoes.
2) “In order to succeed, we must believe we can.” –Nikos Kazantzakis
This quote instills confidence and inspiration to those who need the extra push—which is ultimately all of us at one time or another. The trick to success is believing in yourself and knowing the greatness in all of your capabilities. If you believe in yourself, it makes others more susceptible to believe in you too. Most every one of us has had that one mentor, friend or even family member that has believed in you and restored faith in yourself—it’s time to be that person!
- This specific quote goes hand-in-hand with “treat employees like they make a difference and they will” which is great for working individuals and leaders who want to add a daily dose of happiness to their workplace. Believing in, and being inspired by, the people you work with will make you more motivated to do your best every day.
- Do everything in life with your head held high, even if you are unsure.
- Never be afraid to speak up or take chances, especially because the outcome may pleasantly surprise you.
3) “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
Although we thought Kelly Clarkson coined this phrase in 2011, it’s been around for hundreds of years. Every obstacle you overcome makes you who you are. These bumps in the road make us stronger and more experienced individuals. There’s no point in fretting about the past, or the not-so-glamorous parts of your day. To move on and truly be happy, you must stop revisiting the parts of your life, or even day, that have you feeling down!
- There’s usually nothing we can do about these unexpected nuances, so as Elizabeth Taylor would say, “Pour yourself a glass of wine, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together.”
- It may also help to meditate and practice yoga. Just by doing something you love once a day can clear your mind if you are stressed or upset.
- Although this is the unfortunate truth, someone, somewhere, is going through something much worse than you—even if it doesn’t seem like it. Look at every complication in your life as a learning lesson and something else you can say you got through!
4) “Remind yourself that it’s OK not to be perfect.” – Unknown
While beauty is often mistaken as being 100% flawless, that’s not the case. No amount of beauty products will ever make anyone perfect, but using products that make you feel beautiful are far more important, and exactly the point! Having flaws makes everyone who they are, so embrace yours with confidence.
- Accepting who you are is the only thing that matters.
- Try all-natural products that will give you a healthy glow and complexion.
- Always be yourself!
5) “The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.”- Thomas Jefferson
Your state of mind sets the tone for the rest of your day. Starting off with happy thoughts will give you and everyone around you good vibes. There’s no amount of money that could buy happiness—it’s priceless, and not that far of a reach.
- Pay it forward. Do something nice for someone and practice random acts of kindness whenever an opportunity arises.
- Smile and get through your day, tomorrow is a fresh start!
- Always think the best of people.
Having a happy outlook on life will improve your overall well-being and open up new doors of opportunity. Of course, happiness comes in all different forms for everyone, so always do what works best for you. With these quotes in mind, never forget to believe in yourself and be motivated to be the best possible you.
For an everyday “happy pill,” try this “5 Minute Journal” to remind yourself daily why you’re grateful. This journal is an excellent self-reflection tool and proves the true ‘science of happiness.’ Comment below with your favorite quotes and what helps you get through even your toughest of days!